This is for the information of the students of the Pratap University Campus that
"RAGGING IS COGNIZABLE OFFENCE AND IS BANNED IN ANY FORM INSIDE & OUTSIDE THE CAMPUS"
|Ingredients/forms of Ragging
- Abetment to ragging
- Criminal conspiracy to rag
- Unlawful assembly and rioting while ragging
- Public nuisance created during ragging
- Violation of decency and morals through ragging
- Injury to body, causing hurt or grievous hurt
- Wrongful restraint
- Wrongful confinement
- Use of criminal force
- Assault as well as sexual offences or unnatural offences
- Criminal trespass
- Offences against property
- Criminal intimidation
- Physical or psychological humiliation
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet,tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Cancellation of admission
- Rustication from the Institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Fine ranging between Rs. 25,000/- to Rs. 1 Lakh.
- Rigorous imprisonment up to 3 years.
Student becoming a victim of ragging should immediately inform to the concerned Chairperson/ Warden as the case may be besides contacting on Helpline nos. given below.
Helpline Numbers for reporting the Ragging:
|Anti Ragging Cell Members
|Mr. Rakesh Sharma
|Ms. Poonam Saini
|Mr. Suraj Pal
|PU SECURITY HELPLINE NUMBER (24 HOURS SERVICE)
|Anti Ragging Helpline At
|National Anti Ragging Free Helpline No
||1800-180-5522 (24x7 Toll Free)