This is for the information of the students of the Pratap University Campus that
"RAGGING IS COGNIZABLE OFFENCE AND IS BANNED IN ANY FORM INSIDE & OUTSIDE THE CAMPUS"
|Ingredients/forms of Ragging
- Abetment to ragging
- Criminal conspiracy to rag
- Unlawful assembly and rioting while ragging
- Public nuisance created during ragging
- Violation of decency and morals through ragging
- Injury to the body, causing hurt or grievous hurt
- Wrongful restraint
- Wrongful confinement
- Use of criminal force
- Assault as well as sexual offenses or unnatural offenses
- Criminal trespass
- Offenses against property
- Criminal intimidation
- Physical or psychological humiliation
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation processes
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national, or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the Institution for periods ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Fine ranging between Rs. 25,000/- to Rs. 1 Lakh.
- Rigorous imprisonment of up to 3 years.
Students becoming a victim of ragging should immediately inform the concerned Chairperson/ Warden as the case may be besides contacting helpline nos. given below.
Helpline Numbers for reporting the Ragging:
|Anti-Ragging Cell Members:
|PU SECURITY HELPLINE NUMBER (24-HOUR SERVICE)
|Anti-Ragging Helpline At
|National Anti-Ragging Free Helpline No