Department of Library & Information Science
The Department of Library and Information Science, Gujarat University, will be one of India's 10 best departments for information professionals, excelling in teaching, scholarship, and professional services.
- To impart quality education to meet national and global challenges.
- To blend theoretical knowledge with practical skills.
- To promote the use of new technologies in teaching and research.
- To inculcate right values among students by encouraging them to follow ethical practice.
- To promote leadership qualities among students.
About the Institute
Under the academic and research development program, the Department of Library Sciences was established in July, 2015 in the main residential campus of Pratap University, Jaipur to impart and promote multi and interdisciplinary higher education in library science by utilizing the modern concepts of teaching and research at master and doctorate level. The department was established with a view to imparting higher education in the field of library science.
The department of library and information science has been offering a one-year course in Diploma of Library and Information Science, a one-year course in Bachelor of Library and Information Science, and a one-year course in Master of Library and Information Science at the moment.
The department is working with a vision to educate individuals for careers as librarians, knowledge and information specialists, and to undertake instruction, research, and service programmes that meet current and emerging information and technology needs. The department has advanced infrastructural facilities like an information Technical lab with the latest technology such as 15 PCs with internet and the latest devices. The curriculum of the course is very comprehensive and job-oriented. The department involves the students in practicals, conferences, discussions, and debates.
Scope for Library and Information Science Professionals
A Person In This Field Can Find Employment Opportunities In The Following Areas:
- Public/Government libraries.
- Universities/colleges/schools and other academic institutions.
- Law library/special library, etc.
- Private organizations and special libraries.
- Photo/Film/Radio/Television Libraries.
Courses Duration & Eligibility
|Diploma in Library & Information Science||1 Year / 2 Semesters||12th|
|Bachelor of Library & Information Science||1 Year / 2 Semesters||Graduation|
|Master of Library & Information Science||1 Year / 2 Semesters||B.Lib &Inf. Sc.|
MODE OF TEACHING
- Lecture Method
- Group Discussion Method
- Tutorial Method
- Seminar Method
- Practical Method
- Assignment Method
- Library Educational Visits and Tours
- Presentations Method
- Class Tests