Department of Library & Information Science
The Department of Library and Information Science, Gujarat University will be one of the India's 10 best departments for Information professionals, excelling in teaching, scholarship and Professional services.
- To impart quality education to meet national and global challenges.
- To blend theoretical knowledge with practical skills.
- To promote the use of new technologies in teaching and research.
- To inculcate right values among students by encouraging to follow ethical practice.
- To promote leadership qualities among students.
About the Institute
Under the academic and research development program, the Department of LIBRARY SCIENCES was established on JULY, 2015 in the main residential campus of Pratap University, Jaipur to impart and promote the multi and interdisciplinary higher education in library science by utilizing the modern concepts of teaching and research at master and doctorate level. The department is established with a view to impart higher education in the field of library science.
The department of the library and information science has been offering one year course in Diploma of library and information science and one year course in Bachelor of library and information science and one year course in master in library and information science at the moment.
The department is working with a vision to educate individuals for career as librarian, Knowledge and information specialist and undertake instruction, research and service program that current and emerging information and technology needs. The department is having advanced infrastructural facilities like information Technical lab with latest technology such as 15Pcs, with internet and latest Devices. The curriculum of the course is very comprehensive and job oriented, the department involves the students in practical, conference, discussion, debates.
Scope for Library and Information Science Professionals
A person in this field can find employment opportunities in the following areas:
- Public/Government libraries
- Universities/colleges/schools and other academic institutions
- Law library/Special library, etc.
- Private Organizations and Special Libraries
- Photo/Film/Radio/Television Libraries
Courses Duration & Eligibility
|Diploma in Library & Information Science||1 Year / 2 Semesters||12th|
|Bachelor of Library & Information Science||1 Year / 2 Semesters||Graduation|
|Master of Library & Information Science||1 Year / 2 Semesters||B.Lib &Inf. Sc.|
MODE OF TEACHING
- Lecture Method
- Group Discussion Method
- Tutorial Method
- Seminar Method
- Practical Method
- Assignment Method
- Library Educational Visits and Tours
- Presentations Method
- Class Tests