DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING
To be renowned as a reputed organisation in engineering education and research aimed towards the betterment of society and to promote innovation centric education and perform cutting-edge research in Computer Science and Engineering.
To provide quality education to meet the needs of the profession and society. Establish a learning environment to improve innovation, problem-solving skills, leadership qualities, team spirit, and ethical responsibilities. Industry Institute Interaction programme to enhance your entrepreneurial skills. To provide exposure to the latest tools and technologies in the area of engineering and technology. promote research-based projects or activities in the emerging areas of technological convergence. Develop human resources with sound knowledge of the theory and practise of computer science and engineering.
Apart from the scope of computer science &IT engineering graduates in the conventional fields, multiple careers have also in CS & IT Field .Such as:
- Mobile application development
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Artificial Intelligence Experts
- Robotics Engineer
- Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Cloud and Big Data
- Cyber security
- Block chain Developers
- IoT (Internet of Things) Expert
Scope Of Placements In CSE: Positions That Companies Can Offer:
Various positions the CSE offers in the industry:
|Scope Of Placements In CSE:||CSE Positions|
|Web Developers||Software Developers|
|Hardware Engineers||Software Compliance|
|Software Testing||Database Analysts (SQL)|
|System Analysts or System Engineers||Security Analysts|
|Business System Analyst||CRM System Analysts|
|CRM Technical Developers||Data Warehouse Developer / Analyst|
|Database Developer||Data Modeler|
|Project Manager||Data Security Analyst / Information Security Analyst|
|Applications Developer||Information Technology Manager|
|Business Intelligence Analyst||Mobile Applications Developer|
|Information Technology Auditor||Quality Assurance Associate / Analyst|
|Manager, Software Quality Assurance (QA) / Testing||Data Architect|
|Manager, Data Warehouse|
Scope of Placements in CSE: Top Companies That Hire Computer Engineers:
CSE is one of the best fields and has the highest placement records overall. Some of the top companies that hire Computer Engineers are as under:
|Scope Of Placements In CSE:||Top Companies That Hire Computer Engineers|
|Toshiba Corporation||Dell Inc.|
|NEC Corporation||Canon Inc.|
|Apple Inc.||ASUSTEK Computer Inc.|
|Acer Inc.||Lenovo Group Limited|
As you can see, there are various opportunities and scope of placements in CSE. So, if you are seriously thinking of pursuing a career in CSE for the love of it, then go for it and you will surely do well.
The department offers the following programs:
- Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering.
- Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering (Lateral Entry)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA)
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering.
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering(Lateral Entry)
- B.Tech in Information Technology & Engineering.
- B.Tech in Information Technology & Engineering.(Lateral Entry)
- B.Sc (IT) in Information Technology & Engineering.
- BCA in Computer Science & Engineering.
- MCA in Computer Science & Engineering.
- M.Sc (IT) in Information Technology & Engineering.
- M. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering.
- Ph. D in various specialization areas of faculty expertise.
List Of Labs:
Laboratories are well equipped with modern facilities and specialized software, provide state-of-the-art facilities for teaching and advanced research.
- Advances Programming Lab
- Networking Lab
- Databases Lab
- Web Programming Lab
- Graphics Lab
- Electrical Technology & Electronics Lab
- Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing Lab
- Project Lab
Computer Science & Engineering Course Outcomes :
- Understand the concepts of Data Communication & Networks, TCP/IP and OSI Reference Models.
- Understand the IP Address & their configuration
- Able to understand object-oriented principles, inheritance along with its types,
- Able to learn working and type of operating systems, its process management, process synchronization, deadlocks, memory management.
- Understand the classification of data structures and Knowledge of basic and dynamic data structures.
- Able to apply the concepts of software engineering which is essentially important while working on big modules and or projects
- Understand software process framework, requirement modeling approaches, software design, software quality & software testing.
- Prepare to develop mathematical logic essentially required in complex programming.
- Able to learn and apply set theory, algebraic structures, lattices and Boolean algebra, graph theory.
- Develop research oriented applications of data mining and data warehousing. Various classification and prediction methods.
- Understand and demonstrate geometrical transformations, Segment, Windowing and Clipping, Interaction, demonstrate 2D & 3D image processing techniques.
Computer Science And Engineering (UG) - Programme Outcomes:
PO1 - Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, & an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2 - Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3 - Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration.
PO4 - Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5 - Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities.
PO6 - Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and design documentation, make effective presentations.
PO7 - Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Computer Science And Engineering (UG) - Programme Specific Outcomes
- Apply standard Software Engineering practices and strategies in real-time software project development using open-source programming environment.
- Design and develop computer programs/computer-based systems in the areas related to algorithms, networking, web design, cloud computing, IoT and data analytics of varying complexity.
- Become technology-oriented with the knowledge and ability to develop creative solutions.
- Gain ability to apply knowledge of Computer Science to the real-world issues.
- Get familiar with current research trends in various fields of Computer Science.
- Use creativity, critical thinking, analyses and research skills.
- Gain ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner.
- Build up programming, analytical and logical thinking abilities.
- Know the recent developments in IT, future possibilities and limitations, and understand the value of lifelong learning.
Computer Science And Engineering (UG) - Programme Educational Objectives:
- To provide students with the basic knowledge of Computer Fundaments, Hardware, Operating System, Internet and Networking, Databases and computer Programming.
- To enhance students critical thinking with the help of practical training and in-house training so as to develop their analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- To provide students a deep insight into various cutting edge technologies & tools and thereby creating diverse career opportunities.
- To prepare students to inculcate professional ethics, social responsibilities and effectively communicate IT concepts to become leaders, researchers, entrepreneurs and social reformers.
- To give in-depth knowledge in the emerging fields of Computer Science with the ability and confidence to specialize in the areas of interest.